Problem and Inquiry Based Learning (PBL) are innovative, student-centred teaching methods where key competencies are gained through students’ self-directed learning and collaboration which revolves around solving real-world, open-ended problems or questions. In this course you will learn about all aspects of PBL and its successful implementation into your pedagogical practice.
This course is a practical guide for teachers of all subjects to incorporate PBL into their practice. Thematic content will be introduced in 11 thematic modules by several tutors. From practical examples to designing your own lesson plans, this hands-on training method incorporates collaborative and reflective activities that will encourage and prepare you for a new role as a facilitator of education rather than as a teacher.
- Module 01 – Introduction to PBL – Examples, Terminology, Organisation
- Module 02 – Preparing Resources for PBL Session
- Module 03 – Designing and Presenting Problems
- Module 04 – Learning Styles, Multiple Intelligences
- Module 05 – Students Collaboration
- Module 06 – Creative Thinking, Methods for Generating New Ideas
- Module 07 – Critical Thinking, Questioning and Metacognition
- Module 08 – Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Module 09 – Using ICT in PBL
- Module 10 – Student’s Presentations and Classroom Discussions
- Module 11 – Learning Outcomes and Assessment
- Module 12 – PBL Workshop
Guided City Tour
- Apply Problem and Inquiry based learning as a student-centred teaching method, encourage learning in the context of real world problems that are likely to be encountered by students.
- Develop students learning autonomy by self-directed learning approach, elaborate on student’s prior knowledge, trigger an effective use of arguments and evidence, use questioning as a tool of learning
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and ideas to support the school or organisational development in the field of PBL with regards to interdisciplinary approach.
- Develop relevant, high-level skills (creativity, critical thinking, problem solving) and other key competences through PBL approach to enhance good quality of mainstream education.
- Learn to motivate, guide and assess PBL in practice, encourage peer exchange and participation with regards to inclusive approach.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Gain broader understanding of practices, policies and systems of education of different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
- Revise and develop personal and professional competences, build confidence in promoting innovative and active pedagogies.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
General Course Information
Before the Course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all the necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronical form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of the techniques.
25. 11. - 29. 11. 2019
23. 11. - 27. 11. 2020
22. 11. - 26. 11. 2021
courses in BARCELONA, HELSINKI, KARLSHAMN, LONDON,
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS