The world is changing without ceasing. The students must be ready for it, for tomorrow that is about to become today. Coding, Robotics and 3D printing are no longer a specialised area of engineering but integrated into everyday life in society. We focus on practical teaching projects and material for all kinds of school
education. The students must be ready for upcoming automation where new jobs requiring programming skills will be created. Coding, Robotics and 3D printing will most probably totally transform industrial production... and who knows, maybe the world itself. The course is interesting not only for educators who teach IT subjects but also for non-IT teachers that want to learn more about this futuristic discipline. The future was never so close.
Application form relevant topics
ICT - new technologies - digital competences, New innovative curricula/educational methods/development of training courses, Natural sciences
The main aspect of the course is to present all of these futuristic-looking innovations to all kind of educators that could use it in class or at least get to know it.
This course is focused on hands-on activities because creating we learn the best.
You will use an easy-to-use software in order to hold your products that with your hands and at the same time you will learn about the importance of collaboration between participants.
- Module 01 – Course Introduction: School visit and introduction
- Module 02 – 3D modeling and printing - Introduction to 3D design
- Module 03 – Inventor - Preparing 3D models for 3D printing
- Module 04 – Programming - Computational thinking, coding, digital learning
- Module 05 – Teaching programming and scripting in the Classroom
- Module 06 – Operation and use of 3D printers in school
- Module 07 – Mindstorms – Robotics for beginners
- Module 08 – Arduino – Robotics for advanced
Guided City Tour
- Enhance skills to use various innovative learning methods and techniques that are hands-on-centred, encourage solving of meaningful real-world tasks and develop transversal competencies.
- Developing curricula on coding and robotics in an effective and innovative way in the scope of blended learning
- Promoting interdisciplinary through Robotics
- Know how to use robotics and programming in the classroom;
- Be aware of the diversity of robots and programmable devices available;
- Evolve with different programmable devices using visual programming languages;
- Create attractive learning activities through tangible devices;
- Motivate students for self-learning.
- Increased awareness among students about the use of sensing and control in society.
- Knowledge, technical skills and competences concerning the use of technical tools, that today are important in several jobs and different sectors.
- Promotion of existing robotics in schools methodologies at National and European level.
- Promotion of the debate about technology and robotics in schools.
- Apply Problem and Inquiry based learning as a student-centred teaching method, encourage learning in the context of real-world problems that are likely to be encountered by students.
- Develop students learning autonomy by self-directed hands-on learning approach, elaborate on student’s prior knowledge, trigger an effective use of arguments and evidence, use questioning as a tool of learning
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and ideas to support the organisational development and quality improvement in the STEM field skills, support cooperation between institutions and employers.
- Develop relevant, high-level skills such as decision making, collaboration, communication, critical thinking and other key competences through STEM teaching methods, enhance good quality of mainstream education.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Gain broader understanding of practices, policies and systems of education of different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
General Course Information
Before the course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all the necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronic form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of the techniques.
14. 01. - 18. 01. 2019
22. 04. - 26. 04. 2019
24. 06. - 28. 06. 2019
29. 07. - 02. 08. 2019
04. 11. - 08. 11. 2019
13. 01. - 17. 01. 2020
20. 04. - 24. 04. 2020
22. 06. - 26. 06. 2020
27. 07. - 31. 07. 2020
02. 11. - 06. 11. 2020
11. 01. - 15. 01. 2021
19. 04. - 23. 04. 2021
21. 06. - 25. 06. 2021
26. 07. - 30. 07. 2021
01. 11. - 05. 11. 2021
For information about:
courses in BARCELONA, HELSINKI, KARLSHAMN, LONDON,
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS