Sustainability is a topic that grows in importance for our future and goes far beyond what most of us first imagine while hearing about it. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development created by the United Nations sets 17 sustainable development goals and provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and in the future. In this course, participants will have a chance to explore sustainability from different points of view and develop strategies on how to raise the awareness of the students, encourage them to take action, and develop personal responsibility. As one of the sustainable goals aims on education with ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and promoting lifelong learning opportunities for all, participants will also have a chance to practice and plan on how to implement sustainability directly in their work.
Course content and fundamental information will be introduced through thematic modules that target different issues of sustainability. It is based on practical demonstrations, hands-on approach, interactive experiential exercises, and active participation within a group consisting of international participants with similar interests and needs. The emphasis will be on preparing participants to implement sustainability in their work and encouraging and facilitating it in student actions.
- Module 01 – Introduction to Sustainability in the World Today
- Module 02 – 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Module 03 – Sustainability in Education
- Module 04 – Climate and Nature
- Module 05 – Social Issues and Equity
- Module 06 – Supporting well-being
- Module 07 – Ethical Progress and Innovation
- Module 08 – Developing sustainable projects with students
- Module 09 – Effective Altruism and Activism
- Module 10 – Teaching personal responsibility and responsible decision making
- Module 11 – Values and Ethics in the Classroom
- Module 12 – Strategies for implementing sustainability in daily life
Guided City Tour
- Know and understand the term sustainability in the world today within different areas.
- Be aware of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and their connection to education.
- Understand how to create, facilitate, and evaluate projects focusing on sustainability with students.
- Promote the development of students in areas that affect our actions in the area of sustainability, gain techniques and methods how to develop them,
- Understand the importance of individual responsibility and values in our daily lives and in responsible decision-making.
- Experience and collaboration on projects together with other participants reflect critically on the topics of Sustainable Development.
- Increase a greater understanding of strategies and systems for implementing sustainability in our own schools, our teaching practice, in different countries, considering the variability of factors that play a role.
- Support continuous professional development, increase awareness of the topic of sustainability in a holistic way, and encourage self-development.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, participate in cross-cultural learning experiences, exchange ideas, and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Enhance communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary, promote the broad linguistic diversity of the EU, embed common educational and training values.
General Course Information
Before the course:
You will be required to fill out a questionnaire.
You will receive the 'ITC Guide Document' where you will find all the necessary information
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronic form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of good practice
10. 10. - 14. 10.
16. 01. - 20. 01.
12. 06. - 16. 06.
09. 10. - 13. 10.
30. 10. - 03. 11.
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS