Learning through Game-Based Learning (GBL) and games can significantly enhance good quality and effectiveness of education. Skills such as multitasking, critical thinking, risk taking and other 21st century skills can be developed in game-based environments. Learn to use open educational resources, gain new skills, create a sample lesson and learn how to implement GBL strategies into your lessons.
Application form relevant topics
New innovative curricula/educational methods/development of training courses, ICT - new technologies - digital competences, Creativity and culture
Each module covers different aspects of using GBL in education. Coursework will incorporate your existing knowledge and experience and provide helpful learning environment with a good mix of theoretical and practical knowledge. Skills needed for implementing GBL will be demonstrated and practiced in hands-on, collaborative way within an international group setting.
- Module 01 – Game-Based Learning and Gamification – Educational Practices Across Europe
- Module 02 – Using Games and Game Strategies for Enhancing Learning
- Module 03 – Critical and Creative Thinking Through Games
- Module 04 – Finding Resources for Lessons
- Module 05 – Using Mobile Devices to Support Learning
- Module 06 – Learning Coding Through Videogames
- Module 07 – Using QR Codes
- Module 08 – Online Simulation Games
- Module 09 – Outdoor Games for Active Learning
- Module 10 – Digital Storytelling
- Module 11– Individual Projects, Presentation and Evaluation
Guided City Tour
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and practical ideas how to use current online digital applications to foster educational development in the field of GBL, promote universal access to education.
- Develop learner’s collaboration, creative and critical thinking through media and digital literacy, promote use of GBL with regards to interdisciplinary approach.
- Learn to motivate, guide and assess learners to reduce low achievement in key competences, develop relevant, high-level and innovative skills, enhance good quality of mainstream education.
- Support open educational resources (OER) and flexible learning environment in education, foster collaboration between educational sectors.
- Reinforce continual professional development, re-ignite lifelong learning strategies, build confidence in promoting game based strategies in education, promote pedagogies responsive to real world context.
- Gain broader understanding of practices, policies and systems of education in different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
General Course Information
Before the Course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronical form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of good practice
13. 03. - 17. 03.
17. 04. - 21. 04.
03. 07. - 04. 07.
17. 07. - 21. 07.
21. 08. - 25. 08.
02. 10. - 06. 10.
05. 02. - 09. 02.
11. 03. - 15. 03.
15. 04. - 19. 04.
06. 05. - 10. 05.
01. 07. - 05. 07.
15. 07. - 19. 07.
19. 08. - 23. 08.
30. 09. - 04. 10.
28. 10. - 01. 11.
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS