Positive education, one of the applied areas of positive psychology, brings different points of view and new ideas on how to approach the education process, school environment, and individual students. To define positive education, we can use the definition from White, Murray & Seligman (2015): 'Positive education is an umbrella term used to describe empirically validated and scientifically informed interventions and programs from positive psychology that have an impact on student well-being'. This course focuses on promoting and encouraging students in their learning while promoting a positive attitude toward learning. Participants will get to know the theoretical basis as well as practical techniques on how to encourage students, support their learning, use their strengths and values, and create a positive school environment. This course is aimed at teachers of all subjects and levels, as well as counsellors or extracurricular teachers. Least but not last, participants will also learn techniques and strategies to increase their own well-being.
The course content and fundamental information will be introduced through thematic modules that focus on different elements of positive education. It is based on practical demonstrations, a hands-on approach, interactive experiential exercises, and active participation within a group consisting of international participants with similar interests and needs.
- Module 01 - Introduction to Positive Education and Positive Psychology
- Module 02 - Well-being and Happiness, Intercultural Differences in Well-Being
- Module 03 - PERMA model
- Module 04 - Social-Emotional Development
- Module 05 - Handling Emotions and Behavioral Problems, Mindfulness, and Relaxation Activities
- Module 06 - Engagement and FLOW
- Module 07 - Identifying and Leveraging Strengths
- Module 08 - Special Needs in Positive Education
- Module 09 - Inclusive Environment in Classroom and School
- Module 10 - Positive school climate
- Module 11 - Activities to support Social Skills (communication, empathy…)
- Module 12 - Positive Prevention and Interventions in School
- Module 13 - Motivation and Values, Goal Setting, and Responsible Learning
- Module 14 - Teaching Happiness
- Module 15 - Positive Psychology for Teachers
Guided City Tour
- Understand the concept of positive education and the ways in which to implement it in schools.
- Recognize and use social and emotional awareness consciously to identify and assess the situation.
- Understand and be ready to apply positive strategies and interventions that contribute to the creation of a positive learning environment.
- Understand how to manage and adapt emotional behaviors and promote these approaches among students of different levels and abilities.
- Increase awareness of the techniques that support good relationships and proper communication.
- Understand the importance of values in our daily lives and in responsible decision-making.
- Promote understanding of one's strengths and weaknesses, the ability of self-reflection and evaluation, and planning of future development of competencies.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and methods to improve educational practices in daily school practice, considering promotion of positive education and well-being. Promote the well-being of students, teachers, and other school staff through positive education principles.
- Increase a greater understanding of strategies and systems for coping with stress in different school systems, in different countries, considering the variability of factors that play a role.
- Support continuous professional development, increase awareness of the topic of well-being in a school system in a holistic way, and encourage self-development.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, participate in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas, and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Enhance communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary, and promote the broad linguistic diversity of the EU, embed common educational and training values.
General Course Information
Before the course:
You will be required to fill out a questionnaire.
You will receive the 'ITC Guide Document' where you will find all the necessary information
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronic form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of good practice
18. 10. - 22. 10.
01. 11. - 05. 11.
06. 12. - 10. 12.
17. 01. - 21. 01.
31. 01. - 04. 02.
21. 02. - 25. 02.
21. 03. - 25. 03.
23. 05. - 27. 05.
04. 07. - 08. 07.
18. 07. - 22. 07.
08. 08. - 12. 08.
05. 09. - 09. 09.
26. 09. - 30. 09.
07. 11. - 11. 11.
28. 11. - 02. 12.
For information about:
courses in BARCELONA, HELSINKI, KARLSHAMN, LONDON,
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS