This course mainly focuses on main aspects of Burnout Prevention in a School System. You will not only improve your theoretical knowledge and expertise in the area but also get practical tips and methods which will help you create a supportive environment with preventive elements that is beneficial for everyone involved in a School Systems – pupils, staff and you.
Application form relevant topics
New innovative curricula/educational methods/development of training courses, Quality Improvement Institutions and/or methods (incl. school development), Health and wellbeing
The course content and fundamental information will be introduced through thematic modules by several tutors. It is based on practical demonstrations, hands-on approach and active participation within a group which is composed of international participants with similar interests and needs.
- Module 01 – Everyday Stress in a School System; Stress vs. Stressors;
Identification of Risk Factors and Possible Consequences
- Module 02 – Mental Health / Mental Hygiene; Stress management; Burnout Syndrome
- Module 03 – Self development; Self reflection; Recognizing one's strengths and weaknesses
- Module 04 - Conflict mediation; Prevention of socio pathological phenomena
- Module 05 – Prevention vs. Intervention programmes (from problem to solution)
- Module 06 - Burnout Prevention for School Staff / for Students
(Best Practice / Evidence Based - Prevention and Intervention Programs)
- Module 07 – Activities / Techniques for Managing Stress Level (long-term engagement), Intro to Relaxation Techniques and Mindfulness; Promoting Well-Being in Education
- Module 08 – Action Plan for your school; Individual Project Presentation
Guided City Tour
- Understand risks factors and consequences of daily stress in a complex holistic approach considering whole school system to enhance good quality of education and training for everyone involved in a system.
- Increase awareness of mental health and mental hygiene in a school system which is relevant for everyone.
- Promote understanding of one's strengths and weaknesses, the ability of self-reflection and evaluation and planning of future development of competencies
- Understand the main principles of prevention vs. intervention programs related to the topic of burnout, gain deeper knowledge and know-how, applying evidence based approach and best practice perspective.
- Gain techniques and methods for prevention (intervention) programs applicable to school staff, classrooms and communities, deal with increased diversity of learners, promote well-being approach to facilitate positive factors in mental health.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and methods to improve educational practices in everyday school practice considering burnout prevention (intervention).
- Increase broader understanding of strategies and systems coping with stress in different school systems, in different countries, considering the variability of factors which play a role.
- Support continual professional development, increase awareness about the topic of daily stress in a school system in a holistic way, encourage self-development and emphasise the need for daily practice to prevent burnout syndrome.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity, embed common educational and training values.
General Course Information
Before the Course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronical form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of good practice
14. 02. - 18. 02.
13. 02. - 17. 02.
12. 02. - 16. 02.
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS