Course OverviewTask Based Learning (TBL) is an innovative teaching method that brings, students collaboration and authentic communication into an educational context. In this course you will learn about all aspects of TBL and its successful implementation into your pedagogical practice.
Thematic and interdisciplinary content will be introduced in ten modules by several tutors. From practical examples to designing your own tasks and lesson plans, you will exchange your ideas and gain new skills in a positive, “learning by doing” training through various collaborative and reflective activities.
- Module 01 – Task Based Learning – Theory
- Module 02 – Motivating learners, Mental blocks
- Module 03 – Developing cognitive skills, Bloom’s taxonomy
- Module 04 – Authentic and Real world tasks
- Module 05 – Multicultural tasks
- Module 06 – Designing/Adapting tasks for your classes
- Module 07 – Multiple intelligences
- Module 08 – Using physical movement and music in the classroom
- Module 09 – Assessment in TBL
- Module 10 – TBL workshop
Guided City Tour
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and ideas to support the school or organisational development in the field of TBL with regards to interdisciplinary approach.
- Apply TBL as student-centred teaching method, encourage learning through spontaneous activities and solving meaningful real-world tasks.
- Develop relevant, high-level skills (creativity, critical thinking) and other key competences through TBL approach to enhance good quality of mainstream education.
- Learn to motivate, guide and assess TBL in practice, promote peer exchange, active participation in society with regards to inclusive approach.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Gain broader understanding of practices, policies and systems of education of different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
- Revise and develop personal and professional competences, build confidence in promoting innovative and active pedagogies.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
General Course Information
Before the Course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire.
You will receive “ITC Guide Document” where you will find all the necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
Course materials in electronical form / Other materials for self-study and dissemination of good practice.
18. 02. - 22. 02. 2019
26. 08. - 30. 08. 2019
18. 11. - 22. 11. 2019
17. 02. - 21. 02. 2020
24. 08. - 28. 08. 2020
16. 11. - 20. 11. 2020
15. 02. - 19. 02. 2021
23. 08. - 27. 08. 2021
15. 11. - 19. 11. 2021
courses in BARCELONA, HELSINKI, KARLSHAMN, LONDON,
EACH COURSE WILL BE HELD WITH MINIMUM OF 10 COURSE PARTICIPANTS